ARM Financial LLC provides comprehensive financial advising and investment management services.
Financial planning philosophy: We believe in values based financial planning. Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself. We help our clients identify how money can help them achieve the things that are important to them.
Financial planning process:
- Identify values and goals
- Analyze assets, debts, and cash flows
- Review insurance coverage
- Develop a baseline savings and retirement plan
- Forecast balances and required rate of return
- Offer additional recommendations
- Review progress annually or as needed and repeat above steps
Advising philosophy: Our clients look to us to be a trusted, thoughtful, and caring advisor. Our clients are smart people who like to gather information before making decisions. When they encounter a new or complicated situation we provide them with a thoughtful and expert perspective while keeping their long-term goals in mind.
Advising process: Call or email any time. We pride ourselves on our availability and responsiveness. We will
- discuss the situation to ensure we understand your needs
- provide information where we have expertise
- share our opinions and experience where appropriate
- provide contacts in our network when additional expertise is required
- follow up as necessary
Investment philosophy: Cost effective diversification is the top priority. Or, said another way; maximize the number of ways to succeed while minimizing the number of ways to fail. We recommend that a large portion of investments should be in low cost index funds and the balance should be in alternative investments.
- Identify financial goals
- Determine timeframes and required rates of return
- Identify a diverse set of investments likely to meet or exceed the required rate of return for each goal
Fees: We charge a single flat fee on investments we actively manage for clients. We manage alternative investments in commodities and market timing strategies. The fees from this part of the business support all the services we provide. The fee is a flat annual fee of 1.5% of the value of the investments we manage directly. We do not charge a fee for passive index funds or investment assets managed by our clients. For a typical client that has 20% of their investments actively managed by ARM Financial and the remaining 80% in low cost index funds the total portfolio fee is about 0.4%, which is very competitive for comprehensive wealth management.
ARM Financial Investment Strategies:
At ARM Financial we provide our clients with risk-return optimized investment management.
We currently offer two types of managed investment programs:
Absolute Return Programs
The motivation for the programs stems from the observation that a variety of alternative investment strategies have outperformed the stock market over the last several decades. The one thing the outperforming strategies have in common is avoiding the substantial down trends that the stock market has experienced. Learn more...
VIX Indicated Traditional Asset Program
The stock market has been on quite a good run over the last few years. While we think that the stock market currently offers an unattractive medium term return based on fundamentals, we understand that there are investors who want to stay invested in the market the majority of the time. We have developed an investment program based on the CBOE VIX index which will attempt to time getting out of the market before the next major fall in stocks, and back into it afterwards. However, there are no guarantees that it will work. The program decision model may get out of stocks too early or it may not exit soon enough. The Program works well in back testing, but the past is not necessarily indicative of the future.
The idea behind the is to take advantage of two main historical themes:
- The stock market hasnít sold off much when investors are calm.
- The stock market has had strong returns after there has been panic in the stock market.
In our opinion and by our analysis, applying some math to the CBOE VIX index is a good way to quantify 'calm', 'nervousness', and 'panic' in the markets. Learn more...
You can now open a VIXITAP account online
Click here for more information.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. Futures involve the risk of substantial loss. Futures are not appropriate for all investors.
There's a couple of interesting quotes in this article."The first sign of trouble came around early summer of 2014 with a rare monthly loss, according to two former employees who saw company... Read More ››